Saturday, February 26, 2011

Why I Love Winter

As I was sitting here this morning having my coffee, I was watching the snowflakes drifting down outside the window. It struck me just how much I love snow! Snowflakes represent quiet beauty to me - and a time to slow down. When it is snowing it is necessary to slow down - you just can't go fast when it is snowing. It is, I think, God's way of making us slow down and "BREATHE"! When I am out in the countryside in the snow, everything is just so quiet and beautiful. It would not be so beautiful if everything was not covered with snow. The trees and plants are mostly sleeping and look pretty dead. Although I must say that the evergreens are glorious! And even more so when they are sprinkled with snow. We went skiing today and it was absolutely stunning out there! So here are a few shots. Enjoy!

Our deck on Long Lake - It will be grand this summer!
The stairway going down....

 Our picnic table...

Looking back away from the lake - that's where our house will go!

A couple of interested friends...

More Snow!



No comments: