Sunday, February 20, 2011

Being Creative - Where Do I Create?

I have decided to join in the "Being Creative Blog Party" that Alisha is hosting over at Gorgeous and Fun Things.  I was a little reluctant to join in because I am not an artist - I'm actually a Chemist - logical thinking and all that jazz - plus a Latin teacher - more logic! But I do love to go into my creative space and "play".  It is healthy for my attitude and a release for me. I just have fun. Alisha challenged us to share how we feed our creative souls and slay the "fear" dragon. So I just decided to have a go.

This week the topic is "Where do we create?"  I have a small 9X10 room that used to be a study which I took over and turned into my little "studio."  My hubby calls it my "Girl-Cave". Ha! But I really like having all of my supplies in one area and a place where I can leave my work out to dry and just close the door. It is pretty messy most of the time, but it is my own little space. I have hopes of some day having it fantastically organized, but so far, that hasn't happened. Little by little I am getting it more organized toward the altered books/altered art/collage work that I have been doing. I am starting to dabble more into art journaling as well.  One thing about altered art and collage is that there is lots of stuff! And books - I love books! So I really enjoy reclaiming old, cast off books and turning them into art to be enjoyed.

Here are a few pictures of my space.







And I will add just a couple of art journal background pages that I have been working on. They are layered, so it is a process to put things down and letting them dry before you put another layer down. It requires patience, which I don't usually have much of - so I think it is good for me.






So if you would like to join in or see more creative spaces, head over to Gorgeous and Fun  and see the fun happenings going on.

6 comments:

Donnie said...

You may be a chemist but it sure looks like you're also an artist to me. What a fun place to create. Lovely.

Amisha said...

Oh Tricia! I am so glad you joined in. Thank you!
I develop software full time for a living so I am afraid to call myself an artist too.

I like your space! If I had a room mine would be chaotic :-).

But I am so thrilled you joined in.
Next week's topic is on how we got around to learning whatever interested us.

I went over to the Strathmore site but it is says that I can only join if I have an invite.

Joyce said...

What a great space for being creative! Sometimes I get more involved in organizing than creating. It's all part of the process.

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Oooo, your space is so cozy! You are SO an ARTIST!!! Look at the amazing pages you have created. I am in artistic awe, truly! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

LemonyRenee' said...

What a wonderful space! Can I come over and play??

I love the "affirmation" in the margin -- you never cease to give me something wonderful whenever I visit here, Tricia.

Thanks!

Amisha said...

Thank you so much Tricia! I signed up for the the Strathmore classes.

Thank you so much!