Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - My First Entry

 
This post was supposed to go up on Monday, I think, but I just discovered it so I am putting it up today. The premise is to slow down and enjoy the moments of today as we go through life.  If you would like to read other Daybook comments, you can go visit The Simple Woman's Daybook.

FOR TODAY: Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Outside my window...snow! Wonderful snow!
I am thinking...of my family in Mississippi - my Aunt Mary had a melanoma removed on the 21st. They think they got it all, but she will have a follow up procedure in 3 months. I would appreciate your prayers for her.
I am thankful for...the fact that my children get along with each other & are close.
From the learning rooms...no school this week - yahoo!
From the kitchen...pizza tonight - the nephews are here. Ron made a yummy salad to go with it.
I am wearing...Chico jeans, red turtleneck, handmade necklace, tennis shoes, dangly earrings
I am remembering....Christmases when I was a little girl and noticing that I don't remember presents as much as I remember events and people.
I am creating...purses - spent a couple of hours in the basement organizing and getting ready to sew.
I am going...nowhere today- yippee!
I am reading...So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore by Wayne Jacobsen
I am hoping...for enough snow to go x-country skiing close to home with my dh & dd
I am hearing...my new Gladys Knight and the Pips CD - a Christmas present from my ds
Pondering these words... "He (Jesus) didn't talk about church as a place to go to, but a way of living in relationship with him and with other followers of his." Taken from Why I Don't Go to Church Anymore an article by Wayne Jacobsen
Around the house...trying to slowly start cleaning up the Christmas mess
One of my favorite things...my sewing machine given to me by my dh a few years ago - it works like a dream!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Sew, ski, work out, make art and spend time with my family!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

My dh and me on Christmas Day

No comments: