Saturday, October 03, 2009

Thrift Store Thursday



These are a few selections from my recent thrift store shopping. I have started a new tea cup collection since our recent tea party. I don't know if I will keep them or give them for gifts, but I am collecting them as I find them. Also there is the pastry stand that I made out of glass plates and glasses. I glued them together to make a display for our baked goodies at our recent tea party. Most were found at Good Will and Salvation Army. Altogether, there is less than $10 in all of the items on the table. The tea cups would make wonderful teacher gifts filled with chocolate truffles from Heather and Holly!

There is also a little mini-soup tureen out of red transfer ware that I have actually had for a long time, but I thought it would add some nice color. I got it originally at a garage sale.

This is my first time putting something out there from my thrift store shopping, but that is one of my favorite pastimes. I love to go treasure hunting - especially when I have one hour to kill while waiting for one of my kids to have a music lesson or something similar. I will look forward to posting more "finds" on here.

No comments: