Monday, October 10, 2005

Welcome to My Mondays

Today is a typical Monday for me. I will spend most of the day frantically getting ready for co-op tomorrow. As usual, I have lots of stress and no where to put it :) Anyway, today is a little unique in that it is a public school holiday - Columbus Day - so the gym has graciously decided to have the session from 10-2, which totally interrupts our homeschooling day. So the girls will lose the best part of their day to do schoolwork :( Why do we need to follow the public school schedule! That is one of the great benefits of homeschooling - so we shouldn't be locked into someone else's schedule. It always annoys me when people "presume" with my schedule.

But on a lighter note, we are planning to go to the dress rehearsal of REDWALL at the Center for the Arts tonight to see Master Alex perform as the "Abbot". It should be really great and I am greatly looking forward to it.

After getting the girls to gym, I will then procede to write out my lesson plan and assignment sheets for Latin and finish the timeline stuff for the TT American History class. If I have time, I will then start working on my lesson plans for American Lit, which I start teaching in 2 weeks. It is like juggling 5 balls at once to try to actually get the girls' schoolwork accomplished on Monday while I am frantically planning for co-op for Tuesdays. I always feel behind.

Yesterday, I took Jessica to her first meet of the season in Shelby Township at Olympia Gymnastics. She did very well. She got her first 9 score! She had a 9.1 on bars and that was her first event. She did very well all around and placed second on her team and 9th overall at the meet. She had a 34.775 all around score - WOW! I was very proud of her, especially since she broke her leg at her first meet last year and I expected her to be nervous. She is also recovering from a sprained ankle, and I wasn't sure how that would affect her. She also just came down with a cold, so I am sure she was feeling tired. Today she gets to add her name to the 9.0 club at the gym.

I am having problems with my computer, so I don't know if I can keep this up. I need to download updates on my virus scan and I keep getting an error message and it won't download. So I will possibly have problems in the future. Any suggestions?

Well, enough for now. I must get on with my hectic day.

No comments: