Saturday, December 03, 2011

A Smattering of Altered Book Pages & Pink Saturday


Today, in honor of Pink Saturday, I am posting a few altered book pages. I don't know whether they are actually complete - when do you know?

"Remember"
"Choose Gifts"
"The Birthday Fairy"
They are all pages that lend themselves to Christmas. Remember wonderful times with family is a very important part of Christmas for us. Choosing gifts is a special part of Christmas for us, too, because I think most of us show our love by giving gifts. It is really fun to try to find that perfect gift for someone that fits them and their personalities. Watching the smile on their faces when they open them is really awesome!

And last, but not least, is celebrating the reason for the season, Jesus' Birthday. It is often difficult to keep that in mind with all the hustle and bustle and the bombardment from media to buy! buy! buy! But this year, I am trying to focus more on the reason for the season.

I am linking up to Beverly over at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday. Take time today to go over and visit Beverly and the wonderful bloggers who post to celebrate Pink!

7 comments:

Marianne C. said...

Your altered book pages are very pretty. Yes, when do we know something is done..well here is a little something I heard a long time ago.."How many artists does it take to paint a picture? Two. One to paint it and the other to take the paint brush away." So true.

I truly love the ornament of Santa kneeling to baby Jesus. There are no words to describe its value.

Hope you're in the pink,
Marianne

J.Rylie.C said...

Very pretty collection!

Pink with Puzzle time, looking forward to see you when you get a chance. Thank you!

Cindy Adkins said...

Happy Pink Saturday! I love your altered pages--they're fabulous!!! Your style is gorgeous!

I just posted a free art seminar on my blog and you're welcome to take it~It's for fun and inspiration.
xo
Cindy

Annesphamily said...

Your altered pages are beautiful! I would love to see a tutorial! I am crafty clueless! HPS to you! Come visit me soon. Anne

Annesphamily said...

I signed off to quickly! I love the reason for the season. I have a similar Santa with the Baby Jesus. Love it! It is truly the real reason for it all. Thank you for sharing this truth that is simply beautiful

Carolyn Dube said...

Such wonderful journal pages - Remember speaks the most to me!

Anonymous said...

your work is so special and you know it's done, when it's done. :) Happy (late) Pink Saturday and have a wonderful week.