Sunday, March 14, 2010

Everywhere You Go, There You Are


The majority of you know how important it is to spend most of your time with someone positive, but what you might fail to understand is that person is you…..everywhere you go, there you are.

This has to be one of the hardest lessons for me to learn - and that is that I am important and that I am worthwhile! And that I deserve to take care of myself.  I am positive to most of the people that I am around (with the exception of my best friend, to whom I dump my bucket once in a while!), but I am pretty critical and negative to myself in my self talk. With help from my therapist, I am learning to say nice things to myself. It takes a lot of effort to rewind and record over the old recordings from my growing up years that said, "You are not good enough, you are worthless, you are a failure, you are a slob, you are inferior, you are "MY" problem....."

Even though I know that Christ died for me and loves me unconditionally, it is hard to get that knowledge from my head to my heart.
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. I Cor. 13:6-7
This is a verse I need to take to heart to remember to treat myself with kindness, rejoice in the TRUTH that Christ died for me, therefore I am worthy, I am good enough, I am precious to him. I need to protect myself, trust in my Savior, hope in the future that he has already purchased for me, and to persevere through the struggles.

"I am worthwhile, I am beautiful, I am loved, I am talented, I am gifted by God, I am His child, I am ok".....Not that I have done anything of myself to have deserved this, but that He did everything to give me the gift of who I am and who I am going to be.

Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Phil. 3:12

11 comments:

whidbey woman said...

Oh, how I needed to read this post today. I work in the care industry, plus I've been a caregiver to my husband during his battle with cancer. I forget to take time out for myself. I am sure others are the same way.
Thanks for the words of affirmation:"I am worthwhile, I am beautiful, I am loved, I am talented, I am gifted by God, I am His child, I am ok."

Kim, USA said...

I so love your post today. I was rambling and ranting today and I said to my self I don't have self worth, thanks to your post it did open my eyes that hey " I am a child of God and that I am beautiful!!"

Denise said...

Marvelous post.

Debbie said...

This was a great post. I can identify in that I too spent a good part of my growing up years hearing nothing positive about myself at all. It is sad how much those formative years can influence you... But you are soo right of course. We are daughters of the King, and we are worthwhile and beautiful. Thanks for this. Hugs, Debbie

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for this reminder. We often fail to treat ourselves kindly, and when we don't we suffer.

LemonyRenee' said...

It's like you are speaking to my very soul, here, Tricia. Thank you.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

really good post. Have a great week.

Rhodema said...

Thank you for this thoughtful post. I needed the reminder.

Have a blessed week!

Ginger said...

I think that this is something that we all struggle with. Thank-you for these scriptures today as I needed to read them.
God Bless,
Ginger

Charlotte said...

So important to remember. None of us are really "good". His righteousness is counted to us. And if God is for us, who can be against us? We must all be very important for God to send His son and for Jesus to come to earth and die for us. I don't think he thought anyone was anymore worthy of that than anyone else.
So, we are all worthy and we are all loved.
Blessings,
Charlotte

KayeAtHome said...

A timely post for me, Tricia.