Saturday, February 06, 2010

Pink Saturday Lovelies

I am late getting my Pink Saturday post up today, but I am happy to share with you some of my favorite "pinks" this week. First is a beautiful necklace which was made for me by my dear husband. I am so fortunate to have such creative and talented people in my family that like to make things for me.

Next is my bargain of the week or maybe bargain of the year so far. I purchased a couple of scarves at the yellow dot clearance sale and the one just below rang up at $ 0.99! I was shocked. The sticker price was $40 and I thought I was getting it at a great deal for $10. But it turns out that for some odd reason that particular scarf had been marked down to $ 0.99!
 
Here is the set of scarves that I bought, along with a beautiful scarf given to me by one of my closest friends when she returned from China. It is the very light pink one. I am really into scarves lately. They can really brighten up your outfit - and even your day when you get one for only $0.99!
The rose candle was given to me by my dear friend and my pastor's wife as a thank-you gift for teaching. I have really enjoyed looking at it. It is too pretty to burn!
 

And last but now least is my little Cinderella slipper that stays on my piano. It was a gift for me from my piano teacher when I was a child. My mother kept in on our piano and when she passed away, it came home to stay here on my piano.  I believe she made it herself. 


I hope you had a chance to make it over to visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound and to have time to check out some of the wonderful Pink Saturday posts today.
 

Each week Beverly asks that we visit a new blag and highlight it on our blog. Well, today I would like to highlight Laura over at 52 Flea.  She has a wonderfully charming blog and you will truly enjoy it.  So if you get a chance, pop on over there and tell her I sent you. : )


 

3 comments:

suesueb said...

You really are lucky to have such a sweet husband too! I love the scarves, you're right, they do dress up an outfit. And your little pink slipper-wow, how wonderful to have that still. I love those kinds of treasures. Hope y'all have so much fun in Scotland too-it sounds like a dream!! Happy pink week!

GwendolynKay said...

Hi Tricia,
Sorry I haven't been here in so long. Your pinks are lovely. What a great hubby to actually make you some jewelry. I love the scarfs, especially the pink one in the middle.
Blessings!
Gwen

Gail said...

Morning Trisia. Last week was so busy that I did not make it around to many PS blogs, so I am seeing your post now. What a beautiful necklace and your DH made it. WOW. How cool is that. You got a true treasure for sure and then there is the scarf, pretty. Love the candle, too. Great post.
Gail - Decorating My Tin Shack