Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Tea Party























I promised to blog about our summer rose garden tea party. It was something Kate and I had wanted to do for a while and it finally came together this summer. We took a picture from my rose garden and made our invitations.

We used different tea cups for each guest. Some were mine and some were loaned to me by a good friend. We wanted to have the party outside, but unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate, as it rained all day. But we had a grand time inside anyway.

We had quite a selection of tea and also had lemonade. Katy made mini cheesecakes and cucumber sandwiches. I made apricot tarts from my friends recipe that she had figured out from her English grandmother's recipe. We also had chocolates, lemon scones, lemon curd and fresh strawberries.

Each guest got to take home a special teacup that was filled with goodies such as specialty teas and chocolate truffles and wrapped in tulle and a long stemmed tea rose. We also had a drawing for door prizes.

I used my fine china - Moonspun by Lenox and my silver tea service that I inherited from my parents.

All in all, we had a really good time, except that it was all too short. The party came to an end much too soon. So we will definitely have to have another one.












1 comment:

Drew Watts said...

Tea parties are truly a relaxing time for ladies mostly. Kitty party of my mom also went really well. Hired one of the affordable venue NYC online. Pizzas with hamburgers and fries were ordered. Drinks and beverages were both hot and cold. My personal choice was soups only. Our another club party will also be arranged at same place.