And...here we go!
1. That's a great place to be - up North.
2. Hey, Sunrise; I'm over here!
3. The possibilities include: felted purses, fabric purses, altered books.
4. Bean Soup is one of my favorite cool day recipes.
5. How will you know when you become yourself?
6. Lots of wind and a stormy sky - make for exciting sailing.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to fajitas and Jess finishing driver's training, tomorrow my plans include going for a long bike ride and visiting the farmers market and Sunday, I want to enjoy the worship service!
Tricia's Bean Soup Recipe
1 chopped onion
several minced garlic cloves - 3 or 4
1 T olive oil
1 32 oz jar of Bush's mixed beans
1 can of Swanson's chicken broth
1 can of pinto beans
1 can of northern beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
Oregano - to taste - I use about 2 tsp
Basil - same as oregano
1 or 2 Bay leaves
1 lb. of smoked sausage - added last
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in a Dutch Oven.
Add next 8 ingredients.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for at least an hour.
Slice sausage into one inch pieces and add to simmering soup.
Simmer 10 minutes.
Serve with grated cheddar cheese and crackers.
Note: can also add ingredients to a crock pot and simmer all day. Yum.
ICADs for June 19 through 25
3 hours ago