Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving is Coming

This year I hope to spend more time being truly thankful. I read a good article in our paper today written by a local doctor. It was profound as he shared a little about patients that entered his practice and how each one made him realize an area he had to be thankful for. For example, a woman who couldn't walk made him realize how thankful he was that he could walk. There are so many things that we take for granted. Even with the economy as it is right now, if we stop and really think, we have much to be grateful for.

Once again, my MIL will be with us for Thanksgiving. We are so blessed to still have her with us. And my SIL will be coming for a visit with her 2 boys and her boyfriend. It will be good to be able to enjoy her company. We have a warm, comfortable home in which to host our guests. I tend to focus on our lack of space instead of the fact that we have such a nice comfortable - and may I mention - paid for - place to invite friends and family to visit. Well, there are many more things - our health, my DH good job, my children, and more. But for now, I'll just say Thank you - to God, my creator and savior.

"O terque quaterque beatum”
We are three or four times blessed.

No comments: