Friday, December 08, 2006

DOORS

Doors are fascinating to me these days. Here is one off the internet - from France.... The next one is from Bay City. They seem to indicate portals which can take you wherever you want to go - seems that there must be something very interesting on the other side.

Jesus said in Luke 13:24, "Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able."

And also, in Matthew 7: 13-14 -
"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. "



Jesus had a lot to say about doors. Probably the most important thing he said with regard to doors is found in John 10:9, "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture."

As for me, I guess I am searching for which door I should choose. Not about my faith - that is firm and solid. However... while much of my life is pretty satisfying, there still seems to be a void - so... for today, the subject is DOORS.

No comments: