Sunday, July 23, 2017

Art Marks 30 Day Summer Challenge - Week 1


After a long hiatus of blogging, I am determined to get back into it.  I started teaching art at our local Christian school 2 years ago and found it sucked up all my free time.  I was only able to manage easy posts onto Instagram.  I still was making art - although much of it was prepping for classes I was teaching.  Fun, but all-consuming.

So now that I have retired, I decided to join in with @raemissgman 's Art Marks 30 day summer challenge.  For one thing, it gives me a daily challenge prompt which gives me something to focus on.  And secondly, it is a free-style challenge so really anything goes.  I particularly like mixed media and collage, so I am doing a lot of that in the prompts.  The biggest challenge for me is working small.  I am using a journal that was given to me by a sweet compatriot in our MIABA altered book club.  It isn't the best for mixed media, but I am reinforcing the pages as best I can.  So without further ado, here are my first seven days of prompts.

"Dense"  
"Scrawled"
"Curved"
"Geometric"
"Ruled"
"Wide"
"Interrupted" 


No comments: