Friday, November 30, 2007

Our First Snow

Today I woke up to a beautiful blanket of white snow. I've been really running around lately trying to get things done, so I hadn't watched the weather - so....the white blanket was a big, WONDERFUL surprise. It made everything look so clean and fresh. It made me think of the way we all need a fresh clean start and that God, in his grace and mercy, gives us that opportunity with each new day. And boy did I need a new start today. The last week has been really difficult - and last night in particular was. I couldn't sleep, so stayed up till 2 a.m., which I knew I would pay for this morning. I have been in the doldrums for several days, wondering if life is really worth much and is anything that I do worth much. And so - the early morning SNOW - gave me the assurance that we can start again with each new day. We don't have to wait until Jan. 1st or some other monumental occasion. Just start with today. I have sort of unwittingly been fasting today. And I feel refreshed and renewed. Thank You Lord for your gift of snow and grace and mercy!

21 This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. 22 Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:21-36

No comments: