Monday, November 14, 2005

Fall Trip to the Nature Center






We have had beautiful fall weather this year, and last Wednesday, Kate suggested that we go out and walk around at the Nature Center.
I said, "No Way! I have too much to do."
And Kate said, "Don't you think we ought to make time?"
The more I thought about it, the more convinced I became that she was right. After all, how many more beautiful fall days will I have to share with my two lovely daughters? And yes, I did get terribly behind by taking the time out to go out there and spend time enjoying the beauty of nature and the company of my girls. As a matter of fact, I am still catching up. But hey, so what! What else is new? I'm always, perpetually behind. And we did have a good time. I can even call it "school". Jess is studying American History and Indian tribes. We got to get a close-up look at a wigwam. And Jess particularly enjoyed the cows. She liked petting them through the fence. The heifer was particularly interested in my orange sweater.
After communing with the bovines, we went over to explore the one room schoolhouse and the maple syrup house. The colors of the surrounding leaves were absolutely breathtaking. I have been particularly moved by the fall colors this year. More than I ever remember being. And the crisp fall air has been refreshing. (Maybe it's menopause!) At any rate, I was glad we took the time to go out there. Maybe they'll have a memory worth remembering.

No comments: